🍄 Mushroom sauce 🖉
170 g cup or button mushrooms
140 g mixed wild mushrooms
200 ml crème fraiche
150 ml white wine
100 ml water
1 finely chopped onion
2 tbsp of olive oil
2 crushed garlic cloves
½ tsp dried thyme
salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-large sized saucepan, add the chopped onion and fry over a gently heat for 7 - 10 minutes or until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Whilst the onions are cooking, slice the mushrooms to your desired thickness.
- Add the mushrooms to the onions, together with the crushed garlic and cook for a few more minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Reduce the heat slightly and cook until the sauce has reduced by about half.
- Pour in the water and stir in the crème fraiche.
- Bring the sauce to the boil once again and cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the thyme, salt and pepper and taste.
- Mix well and serve immediately.