🥥 Chicken tikka coconut raita 🖉
1cm squared ginger
1 crushed clove garlic
Two tsp turmeric
Two tsp coriander and cumin powder
Two tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp chilli powder
Juice of half a lemon
Small handful chopped coriander
1 dessert spoon vegetable oil
100 ml fresh natural yogurt
2 small skinless chicken breast fillets
- Peel the ginger and finely grate it into a bowl.
- Add the crushed garlic, turmeric, coriander-cumin powder, garam masala, salt, chilli powder, lemon juice, coriander and oil and mix together thoroughly trying to remove any lumps.
- Add the yogurt and stir well.
- Wash the chicken breasts and cut into one inch pieces. Add the chicken to the yogurt mixture and ensure each piece of chicken is thoroughly coated with the mixture.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm and put in the fridge to marinade for at least an hour.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken put the pieces on a baking tray and grill on a medium high heat for approximately 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Turn the chicken regularly and try not to overcook it as with care it will be wonderfully moist.
- Serve immediately as a starter with yogurt and mint sauce and a salad of cherry tomatoes and finely chopped onions.